Dogs and Moths

A hundred years since the sun went down,
Yet still I wait for the ray of light
That’ll save me from this cold darkness,
A glimmer to help me pass the night.

I walked, I was pushed, cajoled, enticed.
Now I hate where I have come.
I still don’t know where I am going
I wish I didn’t know where I am from.

The black dogs bark and they growl,
They know the smell of a defeated prey.
My body feels weak and my legs tired,
I think I’ll let the black dogs take me away.

Yes let the smoke of my torture rise,
Let the darkness smother me whole,
Let the cold dark night be my truth
And let my misery drown my soul.

For I see my happiness beyond the horizon
And hope is just a shameful lie.
Just a small doubt keeps me breathing,
Maybe living in misery is slightly better than to die.

So I’ll continue to preserve this wasted existence
And from the abhorrent I’ll myself restrain.
Till freedom is returned to my soul
Or till my fragile mind goes insane.

If only I could escape my hatred
From this town filled with soulless ghosts.
But where do I go to leave myself behind?
For it’s the man in the mirror I hate the most.

Now I see a flutter against the fluorescent glow
And my thought makes me question my birth.
Was I born to live this life
Where I have begun to envy a moth?

Posted by Marred | at 10:33 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment